Friday, September 27, 2019

6 tips to make my color last longer

HOW I KEEP MY HAIR COLOR VIBRANT UP TO 6 MONTHS


tips to make my color last longer


1. WASH HAIR LESS OFTEN

I wash my hair maximum once a week, sometimes up to once every 10 days. My hair tends to stay pretty clean as long as I brush it daily WITH A CLEAN BRUSH.



2. WASH HAIR IN COLD WATER

Hair color works the same way as clothing in the sense that if you wash your clothes in hot water the color will bleed out, whereas in cold water it won’t. When you wash your hair in hot water it opens up the cuticles and allows the color to wash out. Cold water on the other hand seals the cuticle and helps preserve the color longer.


3. USE A SHOWER CAP IN THE SHOWER

When you’re not washing your hair in the shower, use a shower cap to keep it completely covered so no mist or droplets of water touch your hair. You can get some reusable shower caps, or what I like to use are the disposable shower caps and I tend to just reuse those.



4. USE SHAMPOO THAT’S SULFATE FREE

Sulfates contain salt, which strips away moisture, and when your hair gets dry it fades the color. So make sure that your shampoo is sulfate free. Also non-foaming hair shampoos are the best for colored hair, because the foaming agents will strip your hair.


5. DON’T USE CLARIFYING SHAMPOO

The purpose of clarifying shampoos are to remove excess product or oils from your hair. And products like hair dye will also be affected. It will definitely fade your hair, unless you swim in chlorine water often which then is useful to deep-clean it from chlorine and other impurities.



6. AFTER DYEING YOUR HAIR WAIT A FEW DAYS BEFORE SHAMPOOING

After I color my hair I wait at least 2-3 days before I wash it so that the color has more time to set. I usually wait about 5 days. I also sleep with a nightcap at night so that the color doesn’t get rubbed off all over the pillow but rather stays on setting into my hair.



No comments:

Post a Comment